Trip Dates, Prices & Specials
Hell’s Canyon Snake River Rafting Vacations
Snake River through Hell’s Canyon whitewater rafting trip prices come in a few shapes and sizes. You can raft the Oregon / Idaho border for three to five days with trips ranging from 35 to 79 miles of the Snake River. See our launch dates below and the associated prices.
These are our total prices for each Snake River / Hell’s Canyon rafting vacation, from lunch the first day until lunch the last day with vehicle shuttles included. We provide ALL camping equipment. No extra rental fees and no hidden fees.
|Trip Length||$/Person Deluxe||$/Person Economy*|
|Two Day Rafting||$750||$625|
|Three Day Rafting||$1,010||$875|
|Five Day Rafting||$1,470||$1,250|
* Economy… why does it cost less? We recognize that not all guests need or even want the extra “bells and whistles” that come with our deluxe rafting vacations. Therefore, on the economy rafting vacations we ask our guests to participate in washing the dishes, loading and unloading the rafts and a few other little camp chores. Combine this with the elimination of a few of our labor intense deluxe items such as espresso coffee and fresh fruit smoothies and the result is the elimination of one paid staff member. We pass the savings on to you. Everything about the economy rafting vacation is very high quality. The menu, guides and river-time are all the same as our deluxe rafting vacations.
Hell’s Canyon / Snake River launch dates can be utilized as a three day or five day rafting vacation and in some cases a two day or even one day event
- June 24th
- July 2nd*,10th & 18th
- August 3rd & 19th*
- May 31st* (full)
- June 8th* & 16th
- July 26th
- August 11th & 27th
- September 4th
September 15th through May 20th, Any dates you choose!
Super economy 3-Day trip covering all 79 miles of our typical 5-day trip. Higher water levels in May allow us to cover more river miles per day giving you the chance to “see it all” in just three days. We decided to pump up the incentive financially for our first trip of the season by offering this date for only $700 per person. Minimum total group size may apply.
Three or two day weekend getaway: Raft Saturday & Sunday or Saturday – Monday, a perfect start to your 2013 summer fun. The canyon will still be green from spring rains and we should be in full cactus bloom also. Mid June is my favorite time for seeing wildlife as the elk, deer and bighorn sheep are likely to be out munching the tasty green grass. $625 pp two day or $875 pp three day.
4th of July in the Canyon – 5-day trip “Deluxe” @$1,470 per person. Raft Tuesday the 2nd - Saturday the 6th with a special Independence day party at sunset.
Silence Days :
Just a couple of times per summer we get to raft the Snake River when jet boats are not allowed on the river (silence days). For this special launch date we will be in the silence zone for August 12th & 13th & August 27th & 28th. This is another perfect three day opportunity for those who prefer the car shuttle over the jet boat departure from the canyon.
One Day Hell’s Canyon Rafting adventures:
Raft the best rapids in Hell’s Canyon then hop a Jet Boat ride back up to your car and get to splash through all of the best rapids again on your way back to your vehicle. $215 per person. Call for available dates.
Special Request Rafting: Need that unique corporate meeting, family re-union, church retreat, kayak support in Hell’s Canyon? We will customize a trip to fit YOUR needs.
Large group and Children’s rates available. If another discount is offered for your rafting vacation, we will always provide you with the greatest discount for that date.
Use the Online Reservation Request form or call 800-366-2004.
- Vehicle Shuttle – No long bus rides back to your vehicle, we pay a professional transfer company and have your vehicle waiting for you at the take out.
- Tax: Idaho state sales tax
- Fee: USFS river-use fee
- Meals: All meals starting with lunch the first day, and ending with lunch the last day.
- USCG Approved Type V, 12 Point Adjustable - Ultra Comfort Life Vests
- Farmer John Wet suites, Neoprene Gloves & Dive Booties (for off season trips)
- Paddler Jackets & Pants for all who desire
- Water Proof River Bag for clothing and personal items
- Water Proof River Bag for on river items i.e. chapstick, sun block, Camera, M&Ms (peanut M&Ms are Mark’s favorite)
- Camera Dry Boxes (by special request)
- Camping equipment
- Private & Spacious Tents
- Ground Tarps
- Camp Chairs
- Private Restroom & Paper
- All Food Service Supplies
- River Reading Material
- Hot Shower
- Fishing poles and tackle
- Freshly Laundered Sleeping Bags
- Thick Self Inflating Sleeping Pads
- Rain Gear (not likely to be needed)
- First Aid Supplies
- Emergency Communications System (not smoke signals)
- Group Shelter (should a quick storm blow through)
- Personal SnakeRaft.com / Coffee cup
- Fun loving river guides that will make you smile!
Cancellations 45 days prior to launch date receive a full refund less 15%. Cancellations less than 45 days prior to launch date receive no refund. In certain circumstances, we can apply your payment to a future trip.
We understand that circumstances beyond your control can and do occur. Therefore, we strongly advise the purchase of trip cancellation insurance. Zoller's Outdoor Odysseys inc. maintains the right to cancel any river trips due to acts of nature, government interventions or other circumstances beyond their control. Should Zoller’s Outdoor Odysseys cancel a Hell’s Canyon rafting vacation, you will be refunded 100% of your paid fees. Gratuity for your guide is always welcome and the amount is your preference.
Zoller's Outdoor Odysseys is an Equal Opportunity Recreation Service Provider and Employer operation under a special use permit from the Hell's Canyon National Recreation Area, Wallowa-Whitman National Forest for whitewater rafting vacations on the Snake River through Hell’s Canyon.
Snake River Fun Fact #5:
At the close of the last Ice Age there were amazing increased flows of water in Hell’s Canyon, and evidence shows that there were a series of great floods. These floods made extreme transformation of the landscape in Hell’s Canyon. It is supposed that the combination of rock slides and ice dams blocking the Snake River created large natural reservoirs backing up water and large amounts of sediment. Once the ice dams gave way, the Snake River would then cut a fresh path through the sediment leaving huge bars at the side of the Snake River. Many large bars will be observed on your rafting vacation through Hell’s Canyon and here you will find evidence of man attempting to make Hell’s Canyon a home.